Every homeowner has a desire to have a deck on the back or front of their home. They dream of the types of activities that they do on the deck with their family and friends. Each home is unique and will have a different size yard which will dictate what kind of deck will work for that home. There are also a wide variety of scenarios that can play into which kind of deck is right for you. San Antonio Outdoor Living is the perfect choice to help you decide what kind of deck is perfect for your living situation.
Deck Ideas to Enhance Your Home
- A deck is a perfect idea to surround an above ground pool with. An in ground pool usually has a pool deck built around the pool. That is not the case for an above ground pool. Without a deck there is no space to sit around and enjoy the pool. The deck also makes entering and existing the pool easier.
- A tiered deck is perfect for the wide and open backyard. A tiered deck has different sections that are placed at different levels. This kind of design is perfect for people that love to entertain as it provides areas for a wide range of social activities.
- Some decks can also be built to accommodate second and third story homes. Most master bedrooms are on the second floor. If there is a pool or patio area to enjoy, you usually have to go through the house to get to the area. This style of deck can provide direct access to your bedroom.
When the weather turns warm it is time to make decisions about your home. You may want to change the color of your home or simply add an exotic deck to your outdoor living area. The decisions you make now about your home can affect its value years into the future. San Antonio Outdoor Living can help guide you through all the choices of choosing the right material all the way through installation. In order to help you decide on what you are looking for here are some different types of materials that you can choose from to build your exotic deck:
Popular Exotic Deck Material
- Pressure treated lumber is a very economic choice when it comes to building a deck. It is easy to work with and usually less costly that other material on the market. This type of decking is vulnerable to weather which can cause the wood to crack and split.
- Cedar boards are another popular choice when it comes to their color. This type of board is naturally resistant to rot and pestilence. There are various grades and choices that can be chosen by the consumer. It really depends on what you want to spend and the type of look you want for your outdoor living area.
- You can also choose from a wide variety of tropical hardwoods. These would include the Massaranduba wood, Cumaru, Red Tauri, and many other choices. These types of wood are very dense which makes them a favorite choice for some people. They have unique features to the wood which your neighbor is not likely to have in their outdoor living area.
- A popular choice that is growing with the market is the use of composite material. The material is made form recycled plastic which in turn is resistant to a wide range of destructive sources. It can come in many colors and be fitted to almost any environment.
Decks and patios can be built to match a wide range of situations. In some case where it seems that a deck just would not work, homeowners were surprised to see that a deck can be installed to fit the area. San Antonio Outdoor Living are available to help you decide what kind of deck is right for your area. Contact us today or call us at 210-429-5526 and let us help you find deck or patio that you can enjoy.
Ph: (210) 429-5526
By appointment only
21019 US Hwy 281 N. Suite 232
San Antonio, TX 78258